PASCO INVITE-Instructions to Coaches and Athletes
1. There will be many teams and some
outstanding individuals in this year’s Pasco Invitational. Only one
contestant from each school may enter an event. Teams that have
been invited to participate can only enter individuals in events where
they have met the minimums listed on the Invite Schedule(Personal
Best). Exceptions will be considered and schools will be notified by
meet management based upon state performances. An additional entry will be considered
if their mark would finish in the top 10 of that event. All
athletes and teams must be registered
by athletic.net. Invoices for participation by teams will
be generated on Wed, April 11th and posted on your school athletic.net
calendar. Do not send fees/money prior to this date.
2. We have an all weather
10 lane METRIC track and so the following adjustments must be made:
(a) Short spikes(1/4" or shorter) must be used for all events including the field events. Be sure to bring proper spikes-Spikes will not be on sale on site as in the past.
(b) Metric distances will be run in all events except elite miles. See enclosed schedule for list of events.
(c) Starting blocks will be provided. Schools can use their own blocks if they are checked by the starter. Bring your own javelins, discus, shot puts and batons. Shots, Discus and javelins will be weighed and measured prior to each event. Each instrument will be weighed in the shed behind the shotput ring.
(d) Judges will be on all turns and straight aways(no pacing or picket lines).
3. All National Federation Rules will govern the track meet except for the special ones outlined in these instructions to the coaches. Team Scoring(8 places) will be 10-8-6-5-4-3-2-1 except for the Regular 1600 will be 6-4-3-2-1 as only the top 5 will place.
4. Heats will be run for time in the
Boys and Girls Events of the 400 M Dash, 800 M Run, 300 M. Hurdles and
all relays. 3-turn staggers will be used in the 4x400 relays, 2-turn
staggers will be used in the 4x100 relay and 400 M Dash, and 1-turn
staggers will be used in the 300 m. Hurdles. Teams and Individuals, up
to a maximum of 40 enties, will
be placed by time. Only finals will be run in the 1600 and
Run with all runners running together using the 2 group alley start
like what we
have done in previous years. The 800's and Distance Relays will also
use the 2 group alley starts
Preliminaries will be run in the
Boys and Girls 100 M Dash, Boys and Girls 200 M Dash, Boys 110 M High
Hurdles and Girls 100 M High Hurdles. Again this year, we will NOT use the
(a) Lane drawings will be made by the Pasco Invite Track Meet Committee for all preliminaries. Lane assignments, up to a maximum of 40 entries, will be based upon the times submitted by the coaches.
(b) The top two finishers in each heat of the preliminaries will qualify to run in the finals with the best remaining fastest times to complete a field of 10 athletes by the following schedules(If five preliminary heats, then the top finisher qualifies and rest of the field are remaining best times)
(c) The lane assignments from the preliminaries to the finals for all races will be based upon times in preliminaries. The 2 fastest times will be given lanes 5 & 6, next two fastest times will be given lanes 4 & 7, etc filling all lanes.
(d) Ties in best times will be resolved by highest placing in the preliminaries. If ties remain, a coin will be flipped.
6. High Jump for boys will start at
5'10" and will progress at 2" intervals until a field of 10 remains -
will move at 1" intervals. The Girls High Jump will start at 4’10" and
will progress at 2" intervals until a field of 10 remains
- then it will move
at 1" intervals. The Boys Pole Vault will start at 11’6" and move up 6"
until a field of 10 remains - then it will move up at 3" intervals. The
Pole Vault will start at 8’ 6" and move up 6" until a field of 10 remains-then
it will move up at 3" intervals. All Pole Vaulters poles will be
inspected prior to any jumping by the competitor. Pole Vaulters
must have a WIAA pole vault waiver form on file with the head PV judge
and their PV coach must be present at pole inspection.
7. Flights, maximum of 5 flights of 8 entries, will be used in the field events of the discus, shot put, javelin, long jump and triple jump. Each contestant will be allowed 3 throws or jumps in the preliminaries which will be run using the revolving flights of 8 jumpers or throwers;. Each flight will take 3 jumps or throws until all flights are done. There will be a max of 30 minutes for each flight. The top 9 contestants will then jump or throw in the finals in the reverse order. There will be 3 tries in the finals. The tries by the contestants will not be consecutive in the finals. The revolving Flight plan as outlined by Federation Rules will be used in the Pole Vault and High Jump. Each individual attempt will be measured.
8. In the field events all warmups and run-throughs must be completed before the event starts. One run-through will be allowed, before each flight, to each contestant of that flight and one toss to each thrower as warmup. Twenty minutes will be allowed before each event for warmup. An extra run-through will be allowed in the pole vault and high jump if jumper passes more than 5 heights. NO extra practice will be allowed in unused event areas before or after an event.
9. Running event and relay event
scratches must be reported to the Clerk of the Course at the coaches’
meeting or at his station in the marshalling tent before each race.
Scratches in the field events must be reported to the field event judge
for that event. All athletes for an event must report to the judge
of the event or clerk of the course at the start of the event. This
means all field event athletes must report before flight 1 and all
runners must report prior to heat 1 for instructions and checkin.
Failure to participate in an event once the meet has started will
disqualify that athlete for the rest of the meet.
10. Have yourself ready to go. The starter will assume you have checked in with the clerk of the course and will not wait to give instructions for each race. Starting blocks will be provided at the starts by a clerk of the course.
11. We would like the athletes to remain in the stands or team areas when not participating. Warmup area in provided behind the bleachers on the east side of the field or in the area in the infield on the South end of the field. If you must be on the field, do not stand along side the track or at the finish line. Coaches are not allowed on the field or in the field event areas. Roped and fenced areas are provided.
12. A computerized finish line system and a video tape machine will be used during the meet. This equipment will be kept on the officials trailer and results will be viewed only by members of the Pasco Invite Committee.
13. At the end of each race, runners are to stay in their lane until they are placed and dismissed; place winners will be escorted immediately to the victory stand to receive awards and have pictures taken.
14. Please remind all contestants to remain at the trophy stand until they receive their trophies or medals. Field event trophy presentations will be made as soon as all contestants are at the stand and the event results are read. Trophies and medals will not be mailed to the schools if winners do not pick them up at the trophy stand.
15. A plaque will be given for 1st
Place, medals for 2nd, 3rd and 4th Places, and ribbons
for the remaining 8 places. In the event of a tie, the awards involved
be determined as outlined by Federation Rule. If the rules determine
that a tie still exist, then the awarding of the plaque, medal or
ribbon will be by a flip of a coin. All ties will still receive the
correct plaque, medal or ribbon via mail.
16. We will have a Coaches meeting in the room at the top of the stadium by the front gate at 9:00 am to meet all the officials and make scratches if necessary. Questions concerning the meet can be answered at that time. We will have breakfast (coffee, rolls, etc.) for the coaches and officials only.
17. Locker rooms are available at
the north end of the stadium for dressing and showering. Bring
your own towels. NO vans are allowed down into the stadium. Vans
and buses should
park North of the Stadium or in the parking on the east side of the
stadium. The East side is the athlete pass gate.
18. There will be no break in the
field events during the opening
ceremonies will be held in conjunction with the elite miles at the end
of the boys 200 prelims.
19. Athletes will be allowed to place two pieces of tape not to exceed a total of 24 inches in their lane on the track for the relays. In the case of rain, poker chips will be provided by the relay inspectors for use(No chalk or tennis balls).
20. Numbers will be worn by all contestants. These numbers will be in the team folders along with a single Pasco Invitational Programs per head coach. Alternates for relays should be registered on athletic.net. They will be issued numbers also. Safety pins will be available at the pass gate to attach the numbers to the front of each contestant(Jumpers may put the number on the back). Everyone needs a pass or number to get into the meet. Athletes must wear their numbers throughout the day to go thru the gate if necessary. Additional passes for coaches and managers are available at the coaches meeting. The pass gate is on the EAST SIDE of the stadium.
21. We are planning an outstanding program and need your entry forms by 8:00 am on Monday, APRIL 9th, before if possible. Entries are made on athletic.net Further changes in entries can be made by 8:00 am on April 11th in order to meet the printers deadline. athletic.net will give us personal lifetime best times for your participants so you can not use the override feature. You must verify times or distances that are not on athletic.net. We want the best teams in the last heats of the races run for times. After Wednesday, only scratches can be made. Special cases such as transfers must be submitted via email. Junior HS and summer track marks are not valid marks. Urgent changes because of injuries will be considered if submitted prior to 3:00 pm on Friday via email.
22. The Pasco Invite is at www.jcrawford.net
Complete results of the Invite,
entry forms and Information about the Invite is available at this site.
Dale Fuller, meet cordinator can be
e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org